Analog Wines For the Digital Age

Sunday, October 26, 2014

The original Botticelli's Birth of Venus . . .



Antonia and family from Vini Praesidium happened to be in Florence for the presentation of an award they received from L'Espresso magazine for their fantastic Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Riserva 2009 and had time to stop by the Uffizi and see the original inspiration for the logo of my company, the Nascita di Venere (Birth of Venus) but Botticelli.

It is considered the quintessential work of the Renaissance (Rinascimento), a period of rebirth of knowledge, art and culture that came after the Middle Ages (this is hotly debated in many circles, but I am sticking to it.)

And since the formation of my company, that was in a way a rebirth for me in the wine business, what started out as a sort of wish of having a cool name for my company, has become really the basis of the philosophy behind my company.  Rebirth.  Revival.  Renaissance.

Thank you Antonia for the pictures and for thinking of us!



No comments:

Lunch with Francesca Vaira at Terroni DTLA . . . best lunch ever!

Francesca Vaira  2010 Langhe Freisa Kye` Library  2006 Langhe Freisa Kye` Library 2014 Luigi Ba...